The Light At The End of The Tunnel
Where am I in this dark endless tunnel?
Am I still even alive?
I do not know.
Is there a light?
I wander alone and afraid of the monsters in the dark
They whisper and pull me towards them
I feel my resolve weakening and I cry out:
“Where is the light at the end of this tunnel?!”
I am almost consumed by the darkness
‘You are alone” the voices whisper and I start to believe them
Will the whispers go away?
Where is the light at the end of this tunnel?
There! The precious light!
Oh how the warmth warms my face
It chases the darkness and the whispers away from me
It reaches out a welcoming hand and says in a still small voice
“Welcome Daughter, welcome home”
I run into the welcoming arms of the light at the end of this tunnel of life and cry out
“Thank you, thank you!” The light smiles and embraces me
“You have made it to the end of the tunnel, you are home”
I love this general topic because so many people can relate to this and I can relate so easily.
ReplyDeleteI really love how you put that it seems like you're in an endless tunnel, but there is still light.
ReplyDeletethis is something that everyone feels at least one and i loved how you showed that there is a positive outcome to everything. Soon it will be okay.
ReplyDelete