Lion

Yay another poem by me! Well this one is a bit depressing but you know what? I don't care! Enjoy!



Today I face the lion.
The lion wakes, it roars and tears at me with savage teeth and words
I try to fight by barricading myself in armor
The lion rips it off, says I can’t fight it. I’m the gazelle. The lion’s prey and I can’t do anything
I get hopeful one day, when the lion isn’t as brutal
But the next day the lion is twice as savage
Ripping me into shreds and tiny pieces

Today I try and talk to the lion
But it simply laughed at my words. Telling me I didn’t understand
I’ll never escape from this lion, it’s been with me and says it always will
It says I don’t understand what I myself am saying
I try to argue back
But the lion simply tore me into pieces

Everyday I face the same fate.
Get up, try to fight the lion, get torn into pieces, get put back together with pieces that aren’t me
Repeat
I am slowly losing myself to the lion
Slowly losing whatever hopes and dreams I have or even wish to have
Will I ever beat the lion?
Probably not….

After all, the lion is better known as life.
Or even better
The lion itself is me

Comments

  1. That was really insightful. I loved it. All of that I feel is completely true to life. There are good things but there are definitely bad things as well. I liked the line that said, "put back together pieces that aren't me." I feel like to often in life we focus to much on what we are dong in the world and not enough on how the world is changing us. I know that I'm not the same person that I was in grade school and I'm certainly not the same person I was before grade school. Each moment in life is there to help define us and that is why people are so unpredictable. We are always changing.Thanks for the thought-provoking poem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leaving Doesn't Mean Goodbye

Basketball

The Way To Keep Going In The World